Visit the College Policies page to view existing HR Policies.
Workplace Injury Reporting
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Employees: please report your injury by completing the Form 6: Application for Compensation and Report of Injury or Occupational Disease and send it directly to WorkSafe BC. Alternatively, employees can call the WorkSafe BC Teleclaim Contact Centre at 1.888.967.5377 to report a work-related injury.
- Managers/supervisors: complete Form 7: Employer's Report of Injury or Occupational Disease and submit it to the Human Resources Department within forty-eight (48) hours of the incident.
- Please note that an accident investigation is required for injuries resulting in the employee seeking medical attention or requiring time off work.
- Injury Reporting Procedure
- WorkSafeBC Reporting Guideline for Employees & Practicum/Working Students (November 2013)
If you have any further questions relating to the reporting process, please contact Human Resources.
Duty to Accommodate
The College is committed to upholding the legal requirement to accommodate under human rights laws. Where a barrier exists, or a policy or practice has adverse consequences on an individual in a protected group, the College is obligated to reasonably accommodate that individual's difference, provided it can do so without incurring undue hardship. Should an employee in your area require accommodation, contact your HR Consultant for assistance with handling the process.
Visit the Scent Awareness page to learn about Langara's Scent and Odour Free Environment Guideline, including FAQs and materials for distribution. E-Bike Parking and Service Dog Guidelines are available on the Other Guidelines page.