Langara English for Academic Purposes (LEAP)
LEAP classes are currently being delivered remotely through Langara's online learning platform. Until further notice, there are no LEAP classes on campus.
LEAP students' virtual classrooms consist of teacher-led instruction, interactive group work, projects, and other activities especially designed for remote learning.
Langara English for Academic Purposes (LEAP) is an intensive ESL program designed to prepare students whose first language is not English for full-time study at English language universities and colleges.
Learn English - LEAP Program Highlights
- Nine levels of ESL training, from beginner to advanced*
- Seven-week sessions
- 20 hours of classroom instruction and learning per week
- Classes scheduled Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Approximately two to four hours of homework per day
- Integrated skills (develop all four skills together)
- Academic topics
- Graduation from LEAP 8 leads to direct admission to university studies at Langara
*Before the first day of the program, students take a placement test to determine their level
LEAP Program Information
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Projects and Presentations are an important part of each LEAP level as they encourage students to work creatively and cooperatively. In addition, projects and presentations integrate skills that students will need in university and college classrooms.
Wondering what LEAP is like? Watch this video from our recent graduation celebration! More videos in our video gallery.
LEAP is accredited by Languages Canada.